The Halsey Fund
The Halsey Fund, a permanent endowment for scholarships, is named in honor of Woodruff W. Halsey II — former president, executive director, resident director and teacher. Established in 2011, the Halsey Fund enables one student per year to receive generous financial aid as well as a stipend for round-trip airfare to the SYA school of enrollment.
The endowment was made possible through the generous gift of the Bulgari Family who donated $1.5 million to SYA: $1 million to the Halsey Fund, and $500,000 to provide funding for the now completed SYA Spain school. (Read more.)
The Halsey Fund scholarship addresses merit and demonstrated financial need by covering tuition for a student who is both academically gifted and could not attend SYA without financial assistance. In addition to tuition, the Halsey Fund provides a stipend for the recipient to cover the cost of round-trip airfare to the SYA school of enrollment. For information on the Halsey Fund Scholarship requirements click here.
- 2019-20 Halsey Scholar Janae-Rose Fageyinbo - SYA Spain
- 2018-19 Halsey Scholar Hollie Wright - SYA China
- 2017-18 Halsey Scholar Noah Cantor - SYA Spain
- 2016-17 Halsey Scholar Izzy Ortiz - SYA Italy
- 2015-16 Halsey Scholar Yumna Naqvi - SYA China
- 2014-15 Halsey Scholar Briana Hoek - SYA France
- 2013-14 Halsey Scholar Nomuundari Batdelger - SYA Italy
- 2012-13 Halsey Scholar Manuela Araque - SYA France