SYA Summer programs are modeled after the highly-successful School Year Abroad yearlong opportunities.
The SYA Summer five-week program consists of four weeks of language and culture lessons- both in and outside of the classroom, excursions and community based activities, and a meaningful homestay with a local family. The fifth week is devoted to travel, allowing students to explore more of the country they will soon be calling their "second home".
SYA also offers an AP track at its schools in China, France and Spain to qualified students who plan to enroll in an AP Language and Culture course in the fall.
Spending your summer at SYA you'll:
- Develop your language skills and broaden your understanding of the culture and customs of your host country
- Live with a carefully-selected and supportive host family who will teach you even more about the language and culture
- Meet high school students from across the U.S. and make lifelong friendships
- Partake in local extracurricular activities like art, sports, cooking and dance
- Explore your host city and surrounding areas visiting ancient historical sites a during faculty-guided excursions
- Enjoy a final week of guided educational travel to destinations like Xi'an (SYA China), Paris (SYA France), southern Italy (SYA Italy) and northeastern Spain (SYA Spain).
"Class work was a way to delve deeper into the culture and history of Spain. SYA provided an enriching summer program with memories that will last an entire lifetime."
- Summer Spain '15 student