Sophomore Scholars Program
SYA accepts applications from highly-qualified rising sophomores who are interested in attending any of SYA's four schools in China, France, Italy or Spain for their sophomore year. Candidates must exhibit exceptionally strong academic skills and be prepared to learn in an intimate academic environment. SYA Sophomore Scholars will receive additional program support and be subject to guidelines appropriate for their age group.
Current freshmen interested in applying to SYA's Sophomore Scholars Program should review the Eligibility and Application Requirements before they start their application.
Please note that Sophomore Scholar applicants can only apply for the full academic year and are not eligible for the fall semester option.
- Is there an age requirement in addition to being a rising sophomore?
- Since SYA historically has been a program for juniors and seniors, should I be concerned about the appropriateness of the program for a rising sophomore?
- What do you think are the advantages of attending SYA as a sophomore?
- What will be different about the program for sophomores?
- Will SYA offer the same courses sophomores would be taking in the U.S.?
- What will sophomores do during winter and spring vacations if they cannot travel independently with friends?
- How will SYA assess if a rising sophomore is qualified for admission?
- How many Sophomore Scholars will be enrolled at each school?
- Are you able to refer me to another student who attended SYA as a sophomore?
- Will Sophomore Scholars be considered for financial aid and scholarships?