How to Apply
We’re glad you've decided to apply to study abroad in high school with SYA! You will need to create an account to access the application.
- Click on "Create an Account."
- Fill out the form. Instructions will be emailed to you on how to set up your account.
- Start your application using the "mySYA" portal.
The application deadline is February 10, 2022. Students will be notified of admissions decisions on March 7, 2022. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
For a candidate to be considered for admissions to SYA's high school study abroad program, we require:
- Complete the online application, including a recent student photo and a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Two short answer questions and one personal essay.
- Three teacher recommendations from your current advisor, language and English teachers.
- Transcript with grades through the current marking period.
- Student interview with an SYA representative
- At least one parent of a student applying to spend their sophomore year/semester with SYA, is required to interview with the SYA Director of Enrollment via phone. Instructions to schedule the interview will be sent to the parent(s).
- Parents of students applying for their junior or senior year with SYA may request an optional interview with the SYA Director of Enrollment by contacting Pam Eaton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Statement (optional)
Applicants will have the ability to track the status of their application through their online account. The Admissions Office will notify the student when all the above application requirements are received.