How to Apply
We’re glad you've decided to apply to study abroad in high school with SYA. The application for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available early October and the application deadline will be February 12, 2021. If you would like to be notified once the application is live, please fill out this inquiry form. Students will be notified of admissions decisions on March 5, 2021. If you have any questions throughout the application process, please call the Admissions department at 978.725.6828.
If you are a freshman applying to SYA for your sophomore year, please review the Sophomore Applicant Eligibility and Application Requirements before you begin your application.
For a candidate to be considered for admissions to SYA's high school study abroad program, we require:
- Complete the online application- including a recent student photo, two short answer questions, one personal essay and a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Three teacher recommendations from your current advisor, language and English teachers.
- Transcript report with grades through the current marking period.
- Interview with an SYA representative
- Parent Statement (optional)
Applicants will have the ability to track the status of their application through their online account. The Admissions Office will notify the student when all the above application requirements are received.