We’re glad you've decided to apply to study abroad in high school with SYA. The application deadline is February 12, 2020 and students are notified of admissions decisions on March 6, 2020. If you have any questions throughout the application process, please call the Admissions Department at 978.725.6828.
If you are a freshman applying to SYA for your sophomore year, please review the Sophomore Applicant Eligibility and Application Requirements before you begin your application.
For a candidate to be considered for admissions to SYA, we require:
- Part 1 of the online application (includes recent student photo and non-refundable $50 application fee.)
- Part 2 of the online application (two short answer questions and one personal essay.)
- Three teacher recommendations (required from your current advisor, language and English teachers.)
- Transcript report with grades through the current marking period.
- Interview with an SYA representative
- Parent Statement (optional)
Applicants will have the ability to track the status of their application through their online account. The Admissions Office will notify the student when all the above application requirements are received.
Get started by following the steps below:
EIGHT EASY STEPS FOR APPLYING TO SYA
1. Click on 'Apply Now' BUTTON
Follow the instructions to create an account. You will be prompted to create a user name and password that allows you to log in and out as you work on your application. This online account will be used to follow the status of your application, to send online recommendation requests to your teachers and to receive your admissions decision letter.
2. Click on 'Add an Applicant'
Fill in the required information and then you are ready to start your application.
3. Complete the required fields of Part 1 of the application
Part 1 covers biographical and school information. Upload a recent photo of yourself and pay the $50 application fee. You can pay via credit card or send in a check separately to SYA. Please note that an interview with an SYA representative is required. We will assign you an interviewer only after you have submitted Part 1 of your application and paid the fee. Member school applicants will interview with the SYA coordinator on their campus.
4. send recommendation requests to your current advisor, language and english teachers
Do this through your online account using the “Send Request” links. Your teachers should submit their recommendations after they have had a chance to get to know you and your work, preferably at midyear. This covers the three teacher recommendations that we require as part of your application.
5. download a transcript release form from your online account
Complete the top portion and give it to your school Principal, Registrar or Guidance Counselor. We require transcripts from all high schools you have attended.
6. contact your assigned interviewer and arrange a time to talk
Send them an interview evaluation request through your online account using the “Send Request” link. Interviews are conducted in English, and by phone or via video chat. Member school applicants will interview with the SYA coordinator on their campus.
7. submit part 2 of your application
Part 2 is comprised of two short answer questions and one personal essay.
8. monitor the status of your application
Make sure all required components are submitted by the application deadline.