Learn More About the School Year Abroad Application!
SYA encourages any interested student, regardless of their home school or family's financial means, to consider applying to spend their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school abroad with SYA.
For a candidate to be considered for admissions to SYA's high school study abroad program, we require:
- The Student Information Form and a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- One personal essay.
- Three teacher recommendations (current advisor, language and English teachers).
- Transcript with grades through the current fall marking period.
- Student interview with an SYA representative. This will be scheduled after you submit the Student Information Form and application fee.
- For sophomore applicants only: at least one parent is required to do a phone interview with the SYA Director of Enrollment. Instructions to schedule the interview will be sent directly to the parent(s).
- Parent Statement (optional).
Applicants will have the ability to track the status of their application through their online account. The Admissions Office will notify the student when all the above application requirements are received.
How to Start Your Application
You will need to create a "mySYA portal" account to access the application. Please note, the form and portal are not active since applications are currently closed. Please check back in late August to follow these steps to create an account.
- Fill out this form. Instructions will be emailed to you on how to set up your account.
- Start your application using the "mySYA" portal.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- What is the language requirement?
- Where do SYA students come from?
- What does SYA look for in an applicant?
- Will I stay on track with my classes at my sending school?
- What is your acceptance rate?
- Will an SYA representative be visiting my school?
- How do I schedule my admissions interview?
- Does SYA offer financial aid?
Please note, timeline is subject to change.