For SYA, a top priority is to promote the health and safety of our students. While abroad, students are supported by a robust network of adults trained in health and safety, including a Resident Director (RD), faculty, host parents and home office staff in Massachusetts. In addition, SYA provides students with necessary information so that they are empowered to conduct themselves in safe, healthy, and respectful ways. Finally, SYA offers decades of experience promoting student health and safety, and its schools operate in areas where students and staff have become integral members of the local community.
For information and updates regarding COVID-19, please visit this page.
- How does SYA prepare for emergencies?
- How does SYA prepare our students for emergency situations?
- How does SYA keep parents informed?
- What are some proactive safety measures that parents can take?
- What if my child needs to see a doctor, or obtain a prescription?
- What happens in the event of a medical emergency?
- How does SYA support students with emotional health concerns like anxiety, homesickness and culture shock?
- What is the process for medical expenses?
Any further questions or concerns should be directed to the SYA Home Office at 978.725.6828.