admissions marketing manager
SYA Admissions is a high-energy, fast-paced and creative department that enrolls nearly 200 students every year to attend our schools in France, Italy and Spain. The Admissions Marketing Manager is a key member of the Admissions team in developing and executing creative programs and campaigns to attract and enroll students. The Admissions Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Enrollment and Marketing and is based at SYA’s home office in North Andover, Massachusetts.
- Develop and manage annual admissions marketing plan to include direct email, social media and other virtual events.
- Serve as the webmaster for the Admissions team, keeper of the SYA brand files and SYA Google photo drive.
- Brainstorm creative ways to partner and engage young alumni for the Admissions Ambassador program.
- Draft and run workflows using HubSpot emails and texts, for students, parents and teachers.
- Run key conversion programs such as the Campus Reporter program, which includes selection of reporters at each campus as well as oversight of content generation, and yield program.
- Partner with the Assistant Directors of Admissions to help develop strategies and methods to better capture inquires using HubSpot forms, text messages, and other promotional materials.
- Post, monitor and analyze SYA’s social media channels including Instagram and TikTok.
- Plan, track and execute Admissions virtual events using Zoom webinars and meetings.
- Create digital and printed promotional materials using Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Analyze and summarize website and various campaign data in HubSpot and Google Analytics.
- Lead creative projects and campaigns; such video projects, surveys and advertisements.
- Manage outside vendors who run SYA’s campaigns and provide promotional items.
- Draft and track yearly Admissions Marketing budget.
- Other projects and duties as necessary to enhance the team’s ability to recruit students or promote the mission of the organization.
The ideal candidate is someone who has studied abroad, lived with a host family and has 5-7 years of relevant work experience. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree (required).
- Strong work ethic and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with website management including basic HTML coding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- strong proof-reading skills are highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to set and maintain priorities.
- Design experience using Canva or Adobe products, video-editing abilities a plus.
- Ability to establish rapport with, and command respect of, students, alumni, and families.
- Flexibility, good humor and high energy.
- Ability to attend to detail with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Comfortable with basic database management and reporting.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google suite and Zoom.
To help ensure the School Year Abroad Home Office is a safe environment, SYA requires that all employees, interns and volunteers in the office be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 unless a reasonable accommodation is approved by SYA. “Fully vaccinated” is defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and may change as new recommendations are made.
Under federal and Massachusetts law, SYA will consider medical and religious exemptions to vaccination only. In order to request an accommodation, employees will need to provide documentation of a medical condition or of a sincerely held religious belief, and SYA will then engage in an individualized analysis with the employee or volunteer to determine if an accommodation can be made, as long as it does not cause an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the SYA work environment. For those employees requesting an accommodation, they should speak with SYA President Tom Hassan.
SYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks candidates who add to the diversity of our organization. SYA is committed to building a team that embraces and works toward equity, diversity and inclusion for our entire community, both in the United States and abroad.