Volunteering is a meaningful way to make a difference to SYA, to the young people it prepares for lives of global citizenship, to prospective parents who are making the decision to let their children attend SYA and to the alumni who often renew old friendships and discover new ones.
We encourage you to take an active role and volunteer for SYA. Here are the ways you can contribute your time and energy to SYA's mission. Please contact the Alumni office with any questions by calling 978.725.6828 ext 189 or emailing Susan McLean, Director of Alumni Relations.
Be social! Help us strengthen and engage alumni around the world:
- Class Correspondents help keep everyone connected to one another and to SYA. Correspondents gather, organize and submit news, help plan reunions and keep track of classmates whereabouts. Check to see if your class has a correspondent (China | France | Italy | Spain)
- Reunion Committee Members assist with organizing and planning class milestone reunions.
- Event Committee Members assist with organizing and planning social gatherings, such as geographic, young alumni and college-based receptions.
- Regional Event Hosts make it possible for SYA to hold receptions throughout the country and the world for alumni, parent and admissions gatherings. If you would like to host a gathering in your area, please contact the Alumni Office to learn more.
Help shape the future of SYA, its students and the program you love.
The Annual Fund is a great way to connect with classmates. Fundraising efforts could not succeed without the help of dedicated volunteers.
- Class Agents educate their classmates about the Annual Fund and encourage annual contributions. Agents help their classes reach dollar and participation goals. Check to see if your class has an agent (China | France | Italy | Spain)
- Reunion Class Agents assist with organizing and planning class milestone campaigns.
Prospective students are everywhere, including many places that our staff cannot physically be.
Through the expanded volunteer network we hope to mobilize alumni – and parents – to help spread the word about SYA and reach more potential students.
Alumni Ambassadors promote SYA to peers and underclassmen back on high school campuses. Please contact Alumni@sya.org if you are interested in this role. We'll connect you with a member of our Admissions team.
Parent Reference Program participants assist the Admissions Office by speaking with prospective parents.
The enthusiasm of "experienced" SYA parents is reassuring to the families as they consider a year abroad. Please complete the form if you’d like to volunteer.