SYA China Summer
Start your adventure in Beijing, China this summer!
Dates: June 21 - July 26, 2017
The Summer 2018 application will be available in October!
At SYA Summer in China, you'll turbo charge your language skills and broaden your understanding of China’s cultural heritage as well as the contemporary events which have shaped modern China. Morning classes are followed by extracurricular activities or group excursions in Beijing to see some of its greatest attractions and to experience its vibrant culture.
Living with a local family — the cornerstone of SYA’s programs — will do more than provide a place for you to practice what you learned at school; it’s an opportunity to become completely immersed in the culture and establish life-long relationships. The fifth week of the program is dedicated to providing students an experience of China beyond Beijing. In years past, destinations for the final trip have included: Xi’an, Lanzhou and Xiahe in northwest China.
- Take an active role in an intensive Mandarin Chinese language program impossible to replicate at your home school.
- Immerse yourself in the community by participating in local activities and living with a Chinese host family.
- Attend traditional brush painting, calligraphy and martial arts classes to have a more authentic experience.
- Explore ancient cultural and historical sites in Beijing and other lesser-known destinations during faculty guided excursions.
- Travel for seven days at the end of the program to destinations such as Xi’an, the starting point of the infamous Silk Road and home to the Terracotta Warriors, and historic Gansu Province.