Start your adventure in Rennes, France this summer!
SYA France Summer 2015 dates: June 16, 2015 - July 21, 2015
Students depart on June 15, program begins the following day.
If you’re interested in polishing your French language skills
and exploring sites of historical and cultural significance then SYA France Summer is for YOU!
During the five week program you will:
• Develop your proficiency in French with classes taught by native instructors four mornings per week. Classes on French Culture and Society, a multidisciplinary course taught in French incorporating history, contemporary culture, and journalism are included.
• Live with a carefully-selected host family and practice your language skills in the evening.
• Enjoy all-day excursions in and around Rennes on Wednesdays including attending specials events, visiting museums and monuments.
• Explore further afield in northern France with trips to historical sites such as Mont Saint-Michel, Saint Malo and the Normandy beaches - home to landing sites from WWII and D-Day. Other frequent destinations include prehistoric monuments on the Atlantic coast, such as Carnac and Locmariaquer, and the sheltered beaches of the Morbihan Gulf.
• Finish the program with a visit to Paris and the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Montmartre and la Tour Eiffel plus explore the Palace of Versailles.
SYA Summer in France is for students who have completed AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL FRENCH.
Rolling admissions decisions will begin January 8, 2015